WHAT????!!! I hear you scream? I’ve made some protein style Revels. Yep. “Prevels” – Vanilla and White Chocolate Protein Revels. These bite sized pieces of gorgeousness are a protein packed, no bake, gluten free, healthy alternative snack. Try saying that in one breath while you deadlift 60KG. (I’m working on my gains…)
As I’m an ambassador – I’ve used the gorgeous Fortified Vanilla Whey Protein Powder (Find it here) which I recommend, but you can use whichever brand you have in.
Ingredients for “Prevels” – Vanilla and White Chocolate Protein Revels
50g oats (gluten free if desired)
25g walnuts (or almonds)
1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
30ml milk (any variety)
1 tbsp honey/maple syrup/date syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
60g vanilla protein powder
70g white chocolate
makes about 32 bite sized balls
a baking sheet lined with baking paper
1) In a nutri bullet or food processor pulse the oats and nuts VERY briefly (literally 2 seconds) so they are slightly finer but still have some lumps and bumps.
2) In a medium saucepan over a medium heat melt 1/2 tsp coconut oil. One melted, chuck in the slightly processed oats and nuts and toast for about 5 mins. Stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and allow to cool (they crisp up a little) for about 10 mins.
3) While that’s cooling, melt the 1 tbsp of coconut oil in a small saucepan over a low heat. Leave aside to cool.
4) Once everything has cooled down, chuck the oat/nut mix, coconut oil, milk, honey, vanilla extract and protein powder into a large bowl. Mix with a wooden spoon and then bring it all together with your hands, forming a large ball.
5) Take just a little more than a tsp amount of the ‘batter’ and roll into a ball using the palm of your hands. Rule of thumb: slightly bigger than a malteaser was what I had in my head. Pop onto your prepared baking sheet and repeat until there is no batter left. Place this in the fridge to set.
6) While these are ‘toughening up’ in the fridge, it’s time to melt your chocolate. Melt the white chocolate (click here and go to number 11 for my preferred method) and then allow to cool for a few moments.
7) Take the “Prevels” out of the fridge and drop a few of the balls into the melted white chocolate bowl. Using 2 teaspoons, make sure they are coated in white chocolate then take them out and place them back on the baking sheet. Once they are all coated, pop them back in the fridge until they are set. At least 30/45 mins.
…and there you have it…. “Prevels” – Vanilla and White Chocolate Protein Revels – FIT FAM!