Ok, there are 3 parts to this post and I feel like I would be cheating you if I didn’t tell you them upfront.
2) This website is called BAKING bright. I did NO BAKING here. I heated, I cooled, I mixed. I didn’t use the oven. I apologise to the purest subscribers who want to BAKE. Great for when the oven is on the blink though?! :)
3) These bites are SO rich. Not for the faint hearted, or migraine prone….
Makes about 12-16 ‘bites’
Baking sheet, lined with baking paper, 9″ by 7″
300g biscuits (completely your choice, I liked ‘rich shorties’- a bit like a shortbread)
90g unsalted butter
45g golden syrup
Nutella Fudge layer:
200g condensed milk
200g milk chocolate
25g unsalted butter
200g white chocolate
1-2 tbsp cocoa for dusting
1) Pop all your biscuits into a freezer bag and bash the living daylights out of them. You want them to be crumbly, a little dusty. A few chunks are nice too.
2) In a saucepan over a low heat, melt together the 90g butter and golden syrup. Once all melted, tip in the bashed biscuits and mix so everything is evenly coated. Then press this mixture into the bottom of your baking sheet. I started with the back of a spoon, then finished off using my hands (messy but easier) Pop this into the fridge for the mo.
3) Bring half a saucepan of water to the boil and leave it simmering on a very low heat, place a heat proof bowl on top and place all your ‘Nutella fudge’ ingredients into the bowl. These will melt nice and slowly. Once they have melted, pour it evenly over your biscuit base. It will be quite thick. Now back in the fridge, and let it chill in there for at least 45mins to harden slightly.
4) Melt the white chocolate, pour evenly on top of the ‘Nutella fudge’ layer. Then pop it back in the fridge until it has set.
5) Dust with cocoa and cut into chunks.
Time to indulge xx