I had a challenge. My brother’s girlfriend (Mari) was turning 30, so I obviously offered to bake a cake. If you make it to 30, I am willing to TRY and bake anything that your heart desires.
I may live to regret saying that.
So Mari said she didn’t mind what it was, just something that didn’t make her feel 30. The more childlike the better. So the dirty gooey chocolate brownie was made.
Please God, do not make this as your daily snack. It’s sooooooo bad for you. But as a treat, c’est parfait!
180g milk chocolate
180g unsalted butter
180g sugar (you can use all caster sugar, I split it 100g caster, 100g soft light brown)
3 medium eggs
160g plain flour (sifted)
20g cocoa (sifted)
30g mini marshmallows
200g of your favourite biscuits (I used Oreos, mix and match with diff biscuits?)
120g of your favourite chocolate (I used 60g of Rolo’s & 60g Mint Areo Balls)
150g chocolate chips (I used a mix of milk, dark and white)
Icing sugar to dust (decoration)
Greased and lined baking sheet, 9″ by 7″
Preheat oven to 180oC
1) Over a very low heat slowly melt the 180g of milk chocolate, butter and sugar. Then leave aside to cool. In a medium bowl sift together the flour and cocoa. (While the chocolate mixture cools, I measure out all the other ingredients and wash up a couple of bits etc …)
2) Once cooled, crack in the eggs one at a time, whisking well after each one. Then fold in half of the flour mixture until just combined, be careful not to over mix. Do the same again with the remaining half.
3) Pour 3/4 of the mixture into the prepared baking tin, make sure it’s all even. Now for the fun bit:
4) Scatter the marshmallows evenly over the batter. Next break up your chosen biscuits, into bite sized chunks, and scatter them over. Then pour over your chosen chocolates (I left them whole)
5) Pour over the remaining batter mixture, so it just covers your added Choc and biscuits. Don’t worry if you have holes or pieces popping out, it doesn’t make much difference and looks good. Finally, sprinkle over the chocolate chips.
6) Place on the middle shelf of the preheated oven for 18-19 mins. Once baked, leave to cool in the tray until completely cool, then cut into chucks of your choice. Dust with icing sugar.
Yummmmmmmm. Start the diet tomorrow.